The Bible tells us that the last days will be wicked. I have written about this in several books. But, this year we are seeing shooting after shooting. Its become the wild west. Every man is for himself. Its as if there is no law, society is just plain lawless. The times are perilous as was predicted in 2 timothy 3:1-5, it states:
3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, [b]unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
Days of Noah and Lot
In addition Jesus compared the days to Noah which were charactorized by violence and to Lot’s which were known for sexual perversion and immorality. It is getting so violent, its beyond what anyone could have imagined. More than 20 shootings occured in NYC the week of April 25, 2021. This year has set records in the number of shootings in the US.
PTSD From the News
It is easy in these times to get PTSD from the news, I know I have. From the violent bloodthirsty gangs in South and Central America responsible for the immigration surge in the United States, to US shootings and other violence globally, one ends up feeling that no where is unsafe. You begin to wonder what dark side lurks behind people you meet. In my instance I have experienced the unsavory side even among Christians. You get to a point where you dont feel safe driving because one wrong gesture on your part can mean a bullet.
Having God Mean’s Having No Fear?
A Christian actually commented in one of my video’s that because they have God they have no fear at all. I want to say good for them, and I am glad that they have arrived and through God have overcome a basic human emotion. Therefore none of the must do’s in these perilious times that Jesus predicted will apply to them. But, for the rest of us, here goes:
The Ten Musts For These Perilous Times
1. You must know Jesus as your personal Savior. This is because if you fall victim you know for certain that you will be with Christ in eternity. This is the only life decision that matters. So make it now. All you have to do is to believe on His name to be Saved.
2. You must understand that in this world you will have tribulation. Jesus said that we would have difficulites in this life. Especially expect them in these end times. Do not get deceived into thinking that you can have pie in the sky, no one gets it and you will have your area of troubles.
3. Know That Jesus overcame and you will too. This does not mean you will overcome while on this earth, but when you pass into life with Him. There are some wounds that last a life time, but our ultimate victory is over death and this life is only a bleep on eternity’s screen.
4. Know that the perilous times are prophecy unfolding and this is the power of God before your eyes, be blessed in it as much as you are vexed by these days. In addition continue to trust and obey God.
5. know that God understands that these days are difficult for the believer. God recognizes that the believer is vexed by these days. 2 Peter 2:6-7 actually records how worldly Lot was vexed it states, “and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked.”
6. Trust no one-This goes without saying. You do not know what monster of a human being lies behind the person you have let in your life. The end times basically tells us there are plenty of them.
7. Be aware of your surroundings. This is putting feet to your prayers. Keep and eye of all who are in the area you walk in.
8. Obtain safety and security devices. These are all relatively inexpensive.
9. Recite Psalm 91and believe it. If ever there was a Psalm that dealth with protection from every evil we can face it is Psalm 91.
10. Finally you must understand that while these last days will give us a good deal of painful circumstances, those living during the Tribulation will experience even far worse. God knowns these are trying days, so much so that Jesus said that if the days were not shortened there would be no faith left in the earth. We are just a few years away from the level of evil in those days. I have always believed that the cause of the loss of faith will result from the severe hardships. Many people already turn away from God because of their suffering let alone as these days have grown more difficult. Not to mention during the Tribulation. Therefore you must do as Jesus instructs and perservere.